Translate

24 Jun 2015

Concorde in Seattle



I never had the opportunity to fly on Concorde but 2.5m lucky people did whilst it was in service from 1976 to 2003.I used to see the British Airways and Air France Concordes at Heathrow and Roissy on my trips to Europe in the 1980s and 1990s.Now there are 14 of the original 16 Concordes left and on display -for list of locations see Concordes on display.
I photographed this one at the Museum of Flight in Seattle two weeks ago.When you go into it the interior is small,cramped and the analogue flight deck looks very antiquated.It was by any standards an amazing piece of aeronautical engineeering-a commercial failure but a technological triumph.
I have entered this photo into an international competition-I hope its simplicity will appeal to the judges.I stood for some considerable time on the spot waiting for the cloud to drift into exactly the right position and luckily it followed my script.

No comments:

Post a Comment